You are going to want to make this tonight!
I love my instant pot. I also love a good hearty stew or soup. When I am able to combine the two and have a simple and delicious stew in less than an hour, I have to share it.
I prefer to dice my onions, celery and carrots in my food processor which makes the prep time very quick. I also make a double batch in my 8 quart instant pot. My family loves to eat this delicious stew with a side of crispy warm baguette for a warm, hearty filling winter meal.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 pounds chuck roast or stew meat fat trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 4 large red potatoes washed, peel on, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1 46 ounce can of tomato juice
- 3 tbsp small tapioca pearls for thickening
- Add all ingredients to the instant pot except for the tapioca pearls.
- Stir together, then add the tapioca pearls on top. (If you stir in the tapioca, the pearls have potential to scorch on the bottom). They will disperse through the stew as a thickener as it cooks.)
- Set on manual high pressure for 35 minutes.
- The instant pot can be quick or naturally released.